Below are a list of legal articles explaining California vehicle code violations.
Vehicle Code Violations
- False Statements to DMV or CHP | Vehicle Code 20 VC – This article explains how a prosecutor proves false statements.
- Providing False Information to a Police Officer | Vehicle Code 31 VC – Learn the elements and defenses to this California law.
- Unlawful Use of ID Cards | Vehicle Code 1300.4 VC – Find out the penalties for unlawful use of ID cards in California.
- Falsification of Car Registration Stickers | Vehicle Code 4463 VC – Understand what legal defenses are available for violating this vehicle code.
- Evading a Police Officer | Vehicle Code 2800.1 VC – Learn about the defenses and penalties for illegally evading a peace officer.
- Felony Reckless Evading | Vehicle Code 2800.2 VC – Learn about the felony penalties associated with reckless evading in California.
- Evading A Police Officer: Causing Serious Bodily Injury Or Death – Vehicle Code 2800.3 VC – This article explains all the legal elements and sentencing guidelines for this crime.
- Illegal Use Of Disable Parking Placards | Vehicle Code 4461 VC – Read about what prosecutors need to prove to convict a defendant for this crime.
- Unlawful Taking or Driving of a Vehicle | Vehicle Code 10851 VC – Understand the penalties for and defenses for this California vehicle code violation.
- Driving Without a License | Vehicle Code 12500 VC – Find out how prosecutors treat this crime and what can be done to defend against it.
Vehicle Code Violations That May Be Associated With DUI
- DUI by Out of State Drivers | California Vehicle Code 13205 VC – Read about the consequences for DUI of out of state drivers.
- Driving on a Suspended License | California Vehicle Code 14601 VC – This article explains the penalties for driving on a suspended license.
- Hit And Run | California Vehicle Code 20001 & 20002 VC – This post goes through the legal details of two vehicle code violations associated with people not stopping to exchange information after a vehicle accident.
- Cycling Under the Influence | Vehicle Code 21200.5 VC – Learn about this rarely prosecuted crime and what defenses can be utilized.
- Dry Reckless as a Plea Bargain | California Vehicle Code 23103 VC – This vehicle code violation is used as part of DUI plea bargains.
- Reckless Driving Involving Alcohol or Drugs or “Wet Reckless”| California Vehicle Code 23103.5 – Understand the penalties associated with this DUI plea bargain.
- Exhibition of Speed or “Speed Ex”| California Vehicle Code 23109 VC – Learn about the opportunity to negotiate charges down to an exhibition of speed from a DUI.
- DUI Charges For Underage Drivers in California | Vehicle Code 23136 VC – California’s law on driving under the influence for underage drivers.
- Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol | Vehicle Code 23152(a) VC – Understand the administrative and criminal process involved a part of being arrested for Driving Under The Influence.
- Driving With a BAC of 0.08% | Vehicle Code 23152(b) VC – This vehicle code section outlines the legal limit for blood alcohol concentration while driving.
- Commercial Drivers with a DUI | Vehicle Code 23152(d) VC – Learn about the specific rules for blood alcohol concentration associated with being a commercial driver.
- Driving Under The Influence Of Drugs – Vehicle Code 213152(f) vc – This article address California law with regard to drugged driving.
- Vehicle Code 23152(e) vc – DUI while driving a Taxi, Limo or Rideshare – Learn about the penalties for DUI if you drive an uber or lyft, taxi or limo.
- DUI Of Alcohol & Drugs | Vehicle Code 23152(g) VC – Find out how California prosecutes driving under the influence of both alcohol and drugs.
- DUI With Injury | Vehicle Code 23153 VC – Learn about the penalties associated with injuries as a result of driving under the influence.
- Drinking In A Motor Vehicle | Vehicle Code 23221 VC – In this post we’ll explain whta is sidered a violation of this law.
- Possession of Marijuana While Driving | Vehicle Code 23222(b) VC – Learn about the application of this law in California.
- DUI With Children In The Car | California Vehicle Code 23572 VC – This guide explains the penalty enhancement associated with having children in the car when arrested for DUI.
- Additional DUI Penalty for Speed & Reckless Driving | Vehicle Code 23582 VC – This post outlines the additional penalties for recklessly driving a vehicle in addition to being under the influence.
- Refusing A Chemical Test In A California DUI | Vehicle Code 23612 VC – There are additional penalties for refusing a chemical test.
- Breath and Chemical Testing Advisement Vehicle Code 23614 VC – Should you take a breath test when pulled over for a DUI? We explain your options in this situation.