Vehicle Code Violations
- False Statements to DMV or CHP | Vehicle Code 20 VC – This article explains how a prosecutor proves false statements.
- Providing False Information to a Police Officer | Vehicle Code 31 VC – Learn the elements and defenses to this California law.
- Unlawful Use of ID Cards | Vehicle Code 1300.4 VC – Find out the penalties for unlawful use of ID cards in California.
- Falsification of Car Registration Stickers | Vehicle Code 4463 VC – Understand what legal defenses are available for violating this vehicle code.
- Evading a Police Officer | Vehicle Code 2800.1 VC – Learn about the defenses and penalties for illegally evading a peace officer.
- Felony Reckless Evading | Vehicle Code 2800.2 VC – Learn about the felony penalties associated with reckless evading in California.
- Evading A Police Officer: Causing Serious Bodily Injury Or Death – Vehicle Code 2800.3 VC – This article explains all the legal elements and sentencing guidelines for this crime.
- Illegal Use Of Disable Parking Placards | Vehicle Code 4461 VC – Read about what prosecutors need to prove to convict a defendant for this crime.
- Unlawful Taking or Driving of a Vehicle | Vehicle Code 10851 VC – Understand the penalties for and defenses for this California vehicle code violation.
- Driving Without a License | Vehicle Code 12500 VC – Find out how prosecutors treat this crime and what can be done to defend against it.
Vehicle Code Violations That May Be Associated With DUI
- DUI by Out of State Drivers | California Vehicle Code 13205 VC – Read about the consequences for DUI of out of state drivers.
- Driving on a Suspended License | California Vehicle Code 14601 VC – This article explains the penalties for driving on a suspended license.
- Hit And Run | California Vehicle Code 20001 & 20002 VC – This post goes through the legal details of two vehicle code violations associated with people not stopping to exchange information after a vehicle accident.
- Cycling Under the Influence | Vehicle Code 21200.5 VC – Learn about this rarely prosecuted crime and what defenses can be utilized.
- Dry Reckless as a Plea Bargain | California Vehicle Code 23103 VC – This vehicle code violation is used as part of DUI plea bargains.
- Reckless Driving Involving Alcohol or Drugs or “Wet Reckless”| California Vehicle Code 23103.5 – Understand the penalties associated with this DUI plea bargain.
- Exhibition of Speed or “Speed Ex”| California Vehicle Code 23109 VC – Learn about the opportunity to negotiate charges down to an exhibition of speed from a DUI.
- DUI Charges For Underage Drivers in California | Vehicle Code 23136 VC – California’s law on driving under the influence for underage drivers.
- Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol | Vehicle Code 23152(a) VC – Understand the administrative and criminal process involved a part of being arrested for Driving Under The Influence.
- Driving With a BAC of 0.08% | Vehicle Code 23152(b) VC – This vehicle code section outlines the legal limit for blood alcohol concentration while driving.
- Commercial Drivers with a DUI | Vehicle Code 23152(d) VC – Learn about the specific rules for blood alcohol concentration associated with being a commercial driver.
- Driving Under The Influence Of Drugs – Vehicle Code 213152(f) vc – This article address California law with regard to drugged driving.
- Vehicle Code 23152(e) vc – DUI while driving a Taxi, Limo or Rideshare – Learn about the penalties for DUI if you drive an uber or lyft, taxi or limo.
- DUI Of Alcohol & Drugs | Vehicle Code 23152(g) VC – Find out how California prosecutes driving under the influence of both alcohol and drugs.
- DUI With Injury | Vehicle Code 23153 VC – Learn about the penalties associated with injuries as a result of driving under the influence.
- Drinking In A Motor Vehicle | Vehicle Code 23221 VC – In this post we’ll explain whta is sidered a violation of this law.
- Possession of Marijuana While Driving | Vehicle Code 23222(b) VC – Learn about the application of this law in California.
- DUI With Children In The Car | California Vehicle Code 23572 VC – This guide explains the penalty enhancement associated with having children in the car when arrested for DUI.
- Additional DUI Penalty for Speed & Reckless Driving | Vehicle Code 23582 VC – This post outlines the additional penalties for recklessly driving a vehicle in addition to being under the influence.
- Refusing A Chemical Test In A California DUI | Vehicle Code 23612 VC – There are additional penalties for refusing a chemical test.
- Breath and Chemical Testing Advisement Vehicle Code 23614 VC – Should you take a breath test when pulled over for a DUI? We explain your options in this situation.
Find additional information on the legal process for vehicle code violations.
Find out what steps are taken in criminal cases.
Resources on legal motions that can be filed in court to help defend cases.
Learn about sentencing in criminal cases and post conviction matters.