The central elements of criminal cases include the evidence, investigation and defenses utilized by defendants and or their attorneys. Legal defenses and their permitted use can change depending on the circumstances.
Legal Defenses For Criminal Law
- Accident – Understand when an accident defense can be utilized by a defendant.
- Alibi – Find out about the how alibi’s play a role in defenses.
- Double Jeopardy – This article explains when double jeopary may come in to play from leagl standpoint.
- Duress Or Threats – Understand this defense and when it can be applied effectively.
- Mistake Of Fact As A Defense To Criminal Charges – Find out if mistake of fact can be used as a defense under specific circumstances.
- Self-Defense – Learn how California law interprets this defense and under what circumstances its valid.
- Necessity Defense – Learn about the 6 elements that must be proved in a necessity legal defense
Driving Under The Influence Defenses
- DUI Blood Test – Learn about situations where a DUI blood test may not have been properly administered.
- Rising Blood Alcohol Defense In a DUI Case – This article explains this very important defense which may reveal a lower BAC while driving than at time of arrest.
- GERD as a Defense to DUI – Learn about information about gerd or acid reflux which may affect a DUI breath test.
- Mouth Alcohol as a DUI Defense – This article explains the possiblity of mouth alcohol changing a breath test reading.
- California Laws Regarding DUI Checkpoints – This post explains which police failures at a checkpoint can be challenged in court.
- Police Mistakes in a DUI Investigation – Learn about which mistakes police officers can make that may have an impact on a DUI investigation.
- Examples Of Lack Of Probable Cause for a DUI Stop or Arrest – Learn About Situations Where Lack of probable cause may affect the outcome of a DUI case.
- Field Sobriety Tests After Being Stopped For DUI – Learn about which field sobriety tests police officers use against DUI suspects.
- What to Do if Stopped for a DUI – This guide explains what steps to take if pulled over for a DUI.
- Miranda Rights and DUI – Understand if an officer is required to “mirandize” you after a DUI arrest.
- DUI Breath Tests – Lear about how a DUI breathalyzer test can affect a DUI case.
- Forensic Science Guide to Crime Scene Investigation – Find out about the role of forensice evidence at crime scene’s.
- Making Sense Of A Crime Scene – Understand how crime scene’s are analyzed by law enforecment.
- Police Mistakes In Criminal Investigations – Learn about mistakes that police officers can make during their investigation process.