The central elements of criminal cases include the evidence, investigation and defenses utilized by defendants and or their attorneys. Legal defenses and their permitted use can change depending on the circumstances.
- Accident – Understand when an accident defense can be utilized by a defendant.
- Alibi – Find out about the how alibi’s play a role in defenses.
- Double Jeopardy – This article explains when double jeopary may come in to play from leagl standpoint.
- Duress Or Threats – Understand this defense and when it can be applied effectively.
- Mistake Of Fact As A Defense To Criminal Charges – Find out if mistake of fact can be used as a defense under specific circumstances.
- Self-Defense – Learn how California law interprets this defense and under what circumstances its valid.
- Forensic Science Guide to Crime Scene Investigation – Find out about the role of forensice evidence at crime scene’s.
- Making Sense Of A Crime Scene – Understand how crime scene’s are analyzed by law enforecment.
- Police Mistakes In Criminal Investigations – Learn about mistakes that police officers can make during their investigation process.