Sex crimes are offenses comitted involving illegal sexual conduct. Sex crimes vary in severity and can be filed as misdemeanors or felonies. Many sex crimes in California require lifetime sex offender registration.
Crimes Committed In Public
- Penal Code 314 PC – California’s Indecent Exposure Law – Learn about the laws and penalties for indecent exposure in California.
- Penal Code 647(a) PC – California’s Lewd Conduct Law – Get information about what constitutes lewd conduct including frequently asked questions.
- Best And Worst Case Scenarios In Court After An Arrest For PC 647(a) – Unerstand the best and worst case scenerios in each step of the court process.
Crimes Associated With Prostitution
- Penal Code 647(b) PC – California’s Prostitution Law – Discover the laws and how they are applied in prostitution cases.
- Penal Code 653.22 PC – Loitering With Intent To Commit Prostitution – Learn about California’s laws on loitering in a public place for the purposes of commiting prostitution or soliciting a prostitute.
- Penal Code 653.23 PC – California’s Supervising or Aiding A Prostitute Law – Learn about supervising and aiding laws with an overview of how they are applied with regard to prostitution cases.
Sex Crime Informational Videos
Violent Sex Crimes or Unwanted Touching
- Penal Code 261 PC – Caliornia’s Rape Law – An in depth overview of the what is considered rape in California.
- Penal Code 262 PC – Spousal Rape – The penalties for spousal rape can be severe. Learn more from this article.
- Penal Code 261.5 PC – California’s Statutory Rape Law – Understand the applications of this law in California.
- Penal Code 243.4 PC – California’s Sexual Battery Law – Discover the consequences, and learn the defenses to this crime which is defined as unwanted touching in a sexual manner.