Sex crimes are offenses comitted involving illegal sexual conduct. Sex crimes vary in severity and can be filed as misdemeanors or felonies. Many sex crimes in California require lifetime sex offender registration.
Crimes Committed In Public
Crimes Associated With Prostitution
- Prostitution – Discover the laws and how they are applied in prostitution cases.
- Loitering With Intent To Commit Prostitution – Learn about California’s laws on loitering in a public place for the purposes of commiting prostitution or soliciting a prostitute.
- Supervising or Aiding A Prostitute – Learn about supervising and aiding laws with an overview of how they are applied with regard to prostitution cases.
Sex Crime Informational Videos
Violent Sex Crimes or Unwanted Touching
- Rape – An in depth overview of the what is considered rape in California.
- Spousal Rape – The penalties for spousal rape can be severe. Learn more from this article.
- Statutory Rape – Understand the applications of this law in California.
- Sexual Battery – Discover the consequences, and learn the defenses to this crime which is defined as unwanted touching in a sexual manner.