The various steps in a criminal process range from prior to the arrest all the way to sentencing. Each phase of a case is extremely important and a defendant should seek qualified cousel to help them.
A document issued by the police to make an arrest or search premises
Phases Of A Criminal Case
The various steps along the way before a case is resolved
- Who Presses Charges The Prosecutor Or The Victim? – Its important to understand who has the power to file crimes in the city attorney or district attorneys office.
- Hiring An Attorney – This article discusses an important consideration when faced with criminal charges.
- Arraignment – This is the first court date ina criminal court case.
- Plea Bargain Process – Learn about the process of negotiation that may result in a plea bargain.
- Preliminary Hearing – These hearings may only happen as part of felony criminal matters.
- Trial – Learn about the steps taken in a criminal trial.
- Jury Selection – Read About The Voir Dire Process In Jury Selection
- Sentencing – Understand the sentencing process in a criminal case.
Find out what steps are taken in criminal cases.
Resources on legal motions that can be filed in court to help defend cases.
Learn about sentencing in criminal cases and post conviction matters.