The various steps in a criminal process range from prior to the arrest all the way to sentencing. Each phase of a case is extremely important and a defendant should seek qualified cousel to help them.
- Who Presses Charges The Prosecutor Or The Victim? – Its important to understand who has the power to file crimes in the city attorney or district attorneys office.
- Hiring An Attorney – This article discusses an important consideration when faced with criminal charges.
- Arraignment – This is the first court date ina criminal court case.
- Plea Bargain Process – Learn about the process of negotiation that may result in a plea bargain.
- Preliminary Hearing – These hearings may only happen as part of felony criminal matters.
- Trial – Learn about the steps taken in a criminal trial.
- Jury Selection – Read About The Voir Dire Process In Jury Selection
- Sentencing – Understand the sentencing process in a criminal case.