“White collar crimes” are typically considered crimes which do not involve violence and are typically fraudulent in nature. The information listed on this page pertains to violations of state law in California.
Health Care & Insurance Fraud
- Insurance Code 1871.4 IC – Workers Compensation Fraud: Learn about this crime which involves receiving benefits when you are able to work.
- Auto Insurance Fraud: Understand California law for auto insurance fraud including defenses and punishment.
- Medi-Cal Fraud: California’s laws on fraud utilizing the Medi-Cal system.
- Healthcare Fraud: Learn about the various laws involved and elements of crimes, as well as penalties.
- Unemployment Insurance Fraud: Read about California’s law on commiting unemployment insurance fraud.
- Embezzlement – Penal Code 503 pc: Learn about the criminal elements of embezzlement, defenses & penalties.
- Check Fraud – Penal Code 476 pc: Understand what constitutes check fraud under California law.
- Credit Card & Debit Card Fraud pc – Information on the criminal fraudulent use of credit cards & debit cards.
- Writing Bad Checks – Penal Code 476(a) pc: Learn about California’s law on knowingly writing checks with insufficient funds.
- Money Laundering – Penal Code 186.10 pc: Elements, defenses & sentencing guidelines for California’s money laundering laws.
- Identity Theft – Penal Code 530.5 pc: Learn about the crime of identity theft and potential defenses.
Search our Website